Group Leader, Chemical Innovation
Purpose of the Position:
Following the direction from the company’s senior chemists, the Associate Chemist will be responsible for daily R and D tasks and experimentation while also independently executing individual projects. Daily tasks include catalyst synthesis, electrode fabrication, electrochemical measurements, results analyses and documentation. The Associate Chemist will also assist the senior chemistry staff in training and directing junior staff in their daily tasks.
- Take direction from senior staff and work independently to complete required
tasks in a timely manner.
laboratory experiments that involve wet chemistry techniques, material
characterization, electrode fabrication, electrochemical tests, analytical
results calculations and data management.
- Routinely document findings and communicate through formal
technical reports or other established formats.
- Plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Assist senior chemistry staff in training and directing junior staffs in their daily tasks.
- Assist in general laboratory tasks including lab equipment maintenance, and ordering/receiving of lab supplies.
- Closely collaborate with other members within the company.
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed.
- BS/BA degree in chemistry or material science minimum, with 1+ years’ industrial experience.
- Excellent quantitative skills in wet chemistry tasks.
- Ability to analyze and interpret experimental results.
- Excellent book keeping/data management and calculation skills and ability to assist in
department documents, reports.
- Ability to quickly learn new laboratory techniques and instrumentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must be authorized to work in USA without restriction or sponsorship.
- Understanding of fundamental chemistry principles and practices/techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and other applicable applications.
- Must be involved, precise, a team player, flexible, result oriented and task initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently and productively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Undergraduate research experience
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Previous industrial experience
- Experience with electrochemical and electroanalytical techniques
- Hands on experience with UV-vis, NMR, IR, XRD techniques
- Working knowledge of chromatography techniques such as IC, GC, LC.
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE)
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We operate with deep respect for each other, our partners, our communities, and the environment in our quest to deliver sustainable alternatives to petroleum utilizing carbon dioxide.